The Trakehner Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pure Trakehner with 0% Trakehner blood

3 posters

Go down

Pure Trakehner with 0% Trakehner blood Empty Pure Trakehner with 0% Trakehner blood

Post  Tnazfee Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:00 am

I see that Trakehner Verband registred and branded some 100% TB as pure Trakehner and appvoved some for reproduction, who can tell me more on that please. I send a letter for more information about this rule but no answer from Trakehner Verband
Thanks in advance

Tnazfee

Back to top Go down

Pure Trakehner with 0% Trakehner blood Empty Re: Pure Trakehner with 0% Trakehner blood

Post  KHunter116 Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:28 am

Tnazfee wrote:I see that Trakehner Verband registred and branded some 100% TB as pure Trakehner and appvoved some for reproduction, who can tell me more on that please. I send a letter for more information about this rule but no answer from Trakehner Verband
Thanks in advance

TB's (and Arabians, AA's and Shagya's) have obviously long been used in the breed to "refresh" the blood. Never heard of one being branded "Pure". I've reached out to Maren; perhaps she will respond here.
KHunter116
KHunter116

http://www.twingates.com

Back to top Go down

Pure Trakehner with 0% Trakehner blood Empty Re: Pure Trakehner with 0% Trakehner blood

Post  Guest Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:23 am

Wasn't Windfall's dam recognized by the Verband as a "pure" Trakehner?

Temple Touch xx fulfilled all 4 requirements and was awarded the elite title last year, as was La Native xx but I don't know what those requirement are. My guess is her own race record, her competition record, and her progeny's record and ?bloodlines? There are 12 of these mares (4-L mares) I believe?

Back to top Go down

Post  Maren Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:17 am

No TB is branded Trakehner. However, there are full TBS with Trakehner papers, United Nations xx for example, who was approved in NMS a couple of years ago as the first ever full TB at a Trakehner inspection.

TB mares can earn Elite status just like all other mares, but their offspring have to be Trakehners. WUndermaedel was never a "Trakehner" - she was simply inspected into the stud book and made Elite due to her outstandinf success as a broodmare (and Windfall is just one reason).

Temple Touch's "four requirements" have nothing to do with the Trakehner Veband. She earned the four stud book titles from the FN - they gve out special recognition for mares that are 1) highly fertile (certain number of foals in a certain number of years), 2) whose offspring are outstanding performance horses, 3) who have competed themselves and 4) have been performance tested in the mare performance test sections of individual Verbands with above average points. Very few mares ever make all 4. Touching Wood is the first TB to manage this. She is, however, a TB and not a Trakehner. Her offspring are Trakehners.
Hope that helped!
Maren
Maren

http://www.trakehners-international.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:03 pm

Maren wrote:

Temple Touch's "four requirements" have nothing to do with the Trakehner Veband. She earned the four stud book titles from the FN - they gve out special recognition for mares that are 1) highly fertile (certain number of foals in a certain number of years), 2) whose offspring are outstanding performance horses, 3) who have competed themselves and 4) have been performance tested in the mare performance test sections of individual Verbands with above average points. Very few mares ever make all 4. Touching Wood is the first TB to manage this. She is, however, a TB and not a Trakehner. Her offspring are Trakehners.
Hope that helped!

That's interesting - so does that mean that the 4L mares are automatically approved for all studbooks with their foals getting full papers? And is it only TB mares that can earn the titles?

Back to top Go down

Post  Maren Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:21 am

No Fiona, it doesn't.

The FN "performance books A through D" have nothing to do with any Verband, registry or the like. It is simple a title, and has no meaning for the registration of any foal.

TBs are the absolute exception in this book. ALL mares in Germany that are entered in any one of the recognized stud books can earn these titles.
Maren
Maren

Back to top Go down

Post  Tnazfee Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:11 am

Thanks Maren for answer, just to be clear in my mind: United Nations is a TB approved Trakehner or a Trakehner papered? Some one told me that this horse has Trakehner passport...

Tnazfee

Back to top Go down

Post  Maren Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:23 pm

Yes, he has a Trakehner passport, but he is not BRANDED as a Trakehner. Two different things Wink
Maren
Maren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down