The Trakehner Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arabian mare question

Go down

Arabian mare question Empty Arabian mare question

Post  Guest Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:06 pm

I kind of know what the ATA looks for in a TB mare, but what about an Arabian mare?

This mare is for sale, she's a race winner herself and her 2 foals so far that are racing are winners. She throws big offspring. http://www.burningsandinternational.com/sales/bintchezi/

(link to a picture and more info about offspring - the exported one sold for $55K - http://www.burningsandinternational.com/docs/tmreaganbret_info.pdf)

Is she a suitable candidate for ATA studbook inspection do you think?

And, just for kicks, who would you breed her to?

Back to top Go down

Arabian mare question Empty Re: Arabian mare question

Post  Guest Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:00 am

So because it rained all day yesterday I had some time on my hands and did a bit of research. Since 1999, the ATA have approved some 30 odd ox mares. i could only find records for 24 of them (probably due to spelling errors between inspection and registration).

14 of them have registered offspring.
There are 23 registered offspring from them.
Impressionist leads with 5 foals (all from same mare, so skews the results somewhat)
3 by Feuertanzer
2 by Oskar II
2 by a stallion called Unabkommlick (of whom I've never heard)
2 have performance records (by Donnerkeil and Carino)

Your trivia for Tuesday Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  acottongim Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:01 pm

I haven't looked at the data base and don't have time to really do that much research (how on earth do you have time to do that digging???!!! I'm envious!)

But I will say that without even looking I know that your stats are not correct. I know of an Impressionist kid (gelding) that ABSOLUTLY has a performance record and is registered with the ATA. He is out of an Arab mare and was bred by Joe (who btw used to breed Arabs LONG before he bred TKs and has many mares that are both approved and never presented with numerous offspring - some of which are reg and some are not and some are competing from both groups). Back to the Impressionist gelding....
His name is Rave Impressions, he is around 9 years old, he was one of the top 5 I think for the under saddle futurity the year he was elig for that, he's shown extensively in dressage (open/rated) as well as hunters (open rated) and on the half arab circuts. I'm friends with the gal that owns him and have seen him and shown with them so I know what they do etc. Smile I believe the mare is Roed something and she was approved, and has had other kids if I'm not mistaken. THis same gal that owns Rave also owned another Arab/Impressionist gelding who she was showing on the hunter circut extensively and doing pretty good with him when he broke a leg and had to be put down. I don't think she ever submitted those results to the ATA, and I don't think that her results were all reported to the ATA on Rave either - and if they don't report them directly they don't get linked to the stallion's reports. Which would be the flaw in the data base, and at the very least if the horse has a HOY win or reserve etc they should be automatically listed in the ATA database under the horse, the dam and the sire.... Just my two cents (and they don't at this time unless the owner reports the wins).
acottongim
acottongim

http://www.emeraldacrestk.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:48 am

I only looked at mares approved after 1999, so there are many many more ox mares in the database with offspring I'm know. And I'm also sure that there are many more offspring with competition results, they're just not recorded with the ATA!

That's why I said it was your trivia for the day Smile I don't think you can make any conclusions at all on the data. I only looked because I was wondering which stallions were used with Arabian mares, if there was a nick or a trend.

But as someone said to me yesterday, unless both the mare and the stallion make your heart go pitter patter, don't bother. No point in producing "just another foal", you want to be on the edge of your seat waiting for it.

So I'll keep looking Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down