The Trakehner Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eventing Studbook

2 posters

Go down

Eventing Studbook Empty Eventing Studbook

Post  Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:45 pm

http://www.irish-warmblood.com/WSIreports/WSIReport30.pdf

What do you think of what Tom says? Do you think there is room for an eventing stud book? How would we get "our boys" onto the roster? (I see Abdullah on the WSI roster).

Back to top Go down

Eventing Studbook Empty Re: Eventing Studbook

Post  acottongim Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:33 pm

Haven't looked at this, but Tom already contacted me to add Tate
acottongim
acottongim

http://www.emeraldacrestk.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:50 pm

Well how exciting!! Congratulations Smile

Do you think it will encourage people to register their foals not as Trakehners or part-Trakehners? Or do you think the numbers will be so low as to make no difference?

Back to top Go down

Post  acottongim Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:24 pm

I have no idea and I honestly want to see more of the info about all of this before I would commit Tate to it. Then weigh it (and all associated costs) against where else he is being presented this year and what our other plans are.... But it was nice to get the email. Smile
acottongim
acottongim

http://www.emeraldacrestk.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Maren Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:28 am

I have discussed this proposal with Tom on the phone before Christmas. Here are a few points.

This studbook (CCI) is a regular stud book and horses registered here will NOT be registered with any Trakehner book - you can only have one set of papers. Stallions will not be approved into CCI . They can only be accepted as sires of CCI offspring, the approved stallions will then be recruited out of the CCI pool.
Just to be clear - the bloodline and performance rules that Tom and his people have come up with are just as super strict as WSI's, and VERY FEW Trakehner stallions will make the cut. Abdullah is the only TK on the WSI list because we currently have only 3 or 4 jumper stallions that meet all critera - have an international career, produced international horses. That would be Waitaki, Abdullah, Horalas, Almox Prints .... end of story. The same, plus added bloodline rules will be in place for the CCI book.

This studbook will only draw a very small crowd of people - you will have to give up on your Trakehner papers (not identity) if you register. Warmblood mares are only acceptable into the main book if they come out of pure TB or Arab famillies - that excludes the majority of all Trakehner mares from the get go, simply because the background is wrong.
And here is the key for the stallion approval part:

The Studbook only approves stallions that have the potential to become international eventing horses and the sires of international eventing horses. The damline of stallions is of fundamental importance to the Studbook's stallion approval process: Approved Stallions are expected to possess exceptional Thoroughbred or Anglo-Arab or Shagya Arab damlines that have produced multiple international eventing and/or showjumping athletes, except in extraordinary circumstances when the Breeding Director makes concessions to permit the infusion of Pure Blood and/or outcross genes. The Studbook's stallion approval policy requires repeated assessment of the stallion's progeny before Lifetime Approval is granted.

So, the list of potential Trakehner stallions for approval and acceptance is very narrow. Since this is still a work in progress, it may well end up being slightly different, but the point is to produce a horse that is PREDOMINANTLY a blood horse.

This book, just like WSI, is not about attracking a large number of breeders - it is about getting the few truly committed breeders of the level of Mr. Butt, Schmidtlein oder Weltons on board. I don't mean to offend anybody here, but this stud book will probably stay very small - not to be confused with insignificant Wink

Last edited by Maren on Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Maren
Maren

http://www.trakehners-international.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:23 am

Thanks Maren! I think it's a very interesting idea and will be very interested to see where it goes.

One quick question slightly off topic - Ballisto Z doesn't make the WSI cut? (or Suchard for that matter)

Back to top Go down

Post  Maren Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:44 pm

Suchard and Balisto Z are both eligible indeed, but not available frozen.
Maren
Maren

http://www.trakehners-international.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down