The Trakehner Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

verband question

2 posters

Go down

verband question Empty verband question

Post  Guest Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:07 am

I wasn't really sure where to put this, so it can be moved.

The German Verband seems to be experiencing some.... difficulties.... could that affect the ATA in any way? It's presumably going to impact breeders specifically but I wondered if the ATA was a stand alone organisation or if it was legally tied in some way?

Back to top Go down

verband question Empty Re: verband question

Post  KHunter116 Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:44 am

JRR wrote:I wasn't really sure where to put this, so it can be moved.

The German Verband seems to be experiencing some.... difficulties.... could that affect the ATA in any way? It's presumably going to impact breeders specifically but I wondered if the ATA was a stand alone organisation or if it was legally tied in some way?

No idea what you're talking about. How about some specifics?
KHunter116
KHunter116

http://www.twingates.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:10 am

A new assistant breeding director was announced last week. This seemed to cause some disgruntlement amongst the members as it was out of nowhere, no short list or discussion of candidates.

The breeding director is being sued (I can't tell if it is personally or as Breeding Director of the Verband) over the Imhothep debacle (again I'm not sure which bit of the issue he's being sued over).

This morning the CFO of the Verband resigned effectively immediately citing problems with the board that compromised his professional ability.

I was wondering if the Verband is like an LLC, where it can declare bankruptcy or Chapter 11 and rise again or if it means the whole thing has to be started again and if the daughter organizations would be affected by either of those scenarios? I assume that could somehow affect stallion licensing etc?

Caveat: As I'm reading a google translation of German, I could be misunderstanding completely.

Back to top Go down

Post  KHunter116 Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:10 pm

Fiona, Maren just got back from holiday yesterday and w/b registering and posting information about this question tomorrow.
KHunter116
KHunter116

http://www.twingates.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Maren Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:01 am

Maren is back and is posting an answer as requsted Wink

In short, yes, we have a new "reserve" breeding director one Dr. Hahn who so far was employed by the Oldenburg Verband. Nobody knows him, so we all don't really have an opinion. I also don't think this is a bad thing per se - it would have been nice to read about it prior to the announcement in the Verband Newsletter, but he will most certainbly prove to be a good addition (well versed in marketing, wrote a PhD thesis on TB performance traits).

Gehrmann is not sued over Imothep. That is settled (and well). However, the GmbH (which is something like a LLC) is apparently sued over the sale of the top selling foal in Hanover this year, a colt by Millenium (22K Euro), which the buyer at auction (famous Gestüt Sprehe) simply didn't pay for and apparently never had an intention of buying in the first place. Yet, instead of holding them to the auction rules (obvious for everybody who can read at the back of vere ycatalog!), somebody decided to find a "creative" solution that left the original breeder and seller about 11K short of the promised price. And that man is not happy. hence the legal debacle. But I'm not sure if Gehrmann as CEO or the GmbH or what entity exactly is being sued. A LOT of rumor and hearsay, and frankly, BS out there on the net. I will wait with opinion and verdict until I have the sufficient information basis.

Will any of this affect the ATA? Hardly.

hope this helped Very Happy
Maren
Maren

http://www.trakehners-international.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:57 am

Thanks Maren!

I couldn't tell if GmbH was the Verband or the initials of a person ( Laughing ) but it seems from your explanation it's separate from the Verband itself.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down