The Trakehner Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who shall I breed Anniko to???

3 posters

Go down

Who shall I breed Anniko to??? Empty Who shall I breed Anniko to???

Post  lanpherl Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:02 pm

Hi everyone! Here's a fun one! Since I will likely deploy this summer, I am planning to breed Anniko this spring so she can be preggers while I'm gone. Thoughts on who the lucky stallion should be? Am interested in a choice from the SSA but open to all approved options!

She is out of Abbahanna (by Hansel) by Heling (by Bukephalos)

Who shall I breed Anniko to??? Anniko

lanpherl

Back to top Go down

Who shall I breed Anniko to??? Empty Need a bit more information

Post  KHunter116 Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:33 pm

Great mare and this is a fun one but need some more information. What do you want to reinforce and what would you like the stallion to bring to the equation? Do you plan to keep & eventually compete the foal or sell?
KHunter116
KHunter116

http://www.twingates.com

Back to top Go down

Who shall I breed Anniko to??? Empty Re: Who shall I breed Anniko to???

Post  Guest Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:45 am

I'm with Kim in needing more info to give you much of an opinion, but one jumps out at me a bit. I've seen a ton of horses with very similar bloodlines on Darren's farm the last few years that have been bred to Zauberruf and Ballzauber. I really like the foals from both, though I'm partial to the ones I've seen from Z. I had a mare with fairly similar bloodlines that produced a colt that is absolutely amazing as a 3 year old, makes me wish I didn't sell him! With that said, I don't think Z is in the SSA and I'm not sure if he's available for breeding anymore. Heard a rumor that he was sold and gelded.

I really like some of the newly approved stallions...Semper Fidelis is a full brother to my mare Sayyida. Love her, and love him. I love Sea Lion xx, too. Of course we have no clue what these will throw but depending on what you're looking for they may be a good fit! Of course you have to consider Tzigane*Pb* and I like Tate a lot, too.

Fun to be shopping for breedings this year! Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post  acottongim Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:23 am

Well you are coming to stallion central this weekend aren't you? LOL seriously, Andrew will give you some insight into various boys - heaven knows he's rode a bunch now and the off spring of even more! I'd pick his brain. Smile

Where are you deployed to and for how long? Hopefully not a whole year this time!!!! And hopefully not back to the sandbox?
acottongim
acottongim

http://www.emeraldacrestk.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KHunter116 Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:26 am

Andrew will be able to give you a good idea on character as well as feeling under saddle (since you ride, important) but only on the stallions he's ridden. Not an inconsiderable # for certain but only a fraction of approved stallions.

Anniko looks fairly typey from these photos - not always the case with Schickedanz horses (that's NOT a slam folks- these are bred with less 'blood' than most TK's). As a Heling - Haensel she should have the typical athleticism, hardiness, bone and jumping ability Gerhard consistently produced. If you plan to produce an eventer then a major consideration must be re-infusing blood - particularly TB as Anniko has none 'til the 4th generation - putting it back in 5th gen for foal.

The good news is we have 2 TB stallions in the breed - both currently competing and I'm sure Mike Huber and Pam Fischer would be happy to speak with you about them. I know from Cyndi (Sea Accounts xx) that Mike is about ready to move Cy up to Intermediate so she's pondering the same $$ for FEI passports as Anissa (and probably Sean w/Xena). Sea Lion xx of course already has one as an Intermnational CCI**** eventer.

The great news is we've got more stallions competing - and siring offpsring copmpeting @ the higher levels than ever in the 12yrs I've been an ATA member. So I guess I come back around to what it is you want to produce, what you want to keep from the mare and what you want the stallion to influence.

Off to turn out mares - look forward to responses!
KHunter116
KHunter116

http://www.twingates.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:43 am

The newly approved Virginian Sky might be an interesting choice.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down