The Trakehner Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stallion profile Schönfeld *E*

Go down

Stallion profile Schönfeld *E* Empty Stallion profile Schönfeld *E*

Post  Guest Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:38 pm

Schönfeld *E*
1981- 2008
Bred by Hans Steinbruck, Gilde FRG

Premium stallion at his inspection - 1984

100-Day Test, Adelheidsdorf, FRG, 1985 - 33rd out of 56

Imported in 1986 to the US by Robin Koenig, he was purchased by Mae Jean Ficher to stand as a breeding stallion. Schönfeld was bred almost exclusively to TB mares for the hunter ring. His hunter offspring have been very successful and have sold for astronomical prices. His dressage offspring are few and far between, but have been successful at the upper levels. Schönfeld ranked in the top 2 USAE Hunter Sires 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003. He was shown lightly but exhibited heavily and attended the ATA annual convention for 16 years.

He had one ATA approved son - Marquee - and is also the sire of the hunter pony stallion Schoponi - he is the sire of the model mare Varina *M* and around 225 ATA registered Trakehners.

His Sire : Meilenstein

His Dam : Schonau II (by Ordensglanz) is also the dam of the 2 approved stallions Schonfelder, by Kurfurst and Schonflug by Schwalbenflug

Perhaps Maren can be persuaded to flesh this out a bit? My research drew a complete blank on Meilenstein I'm afraid. I'd like to know his test scores too if that's possible?

Back to top Go down