The Trakehner Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Ohio

2 posters

Go down

Hello from Ohio Empty Hello from Ohio

Post  celadon Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:30 am

I am a grandmother of a 11 year old that decided to go into hunter jumper. My children all did 4h with quarter horses. So this is very new and exciting to me. Anyway, somehow we ended up buying a part Trakehner. She is 5 years old and I can not say enough about her. I have no idea who she is out of. No back history but the most loving, intelligent horse i have ever owned. And she takes excellent care of my granddaughter. We have 13 horses that are keepers and this one has a forever home also. Granddaughter is taking lessons from Oxford Farms in Swanton. I can't ask for a better place. eventually granddaughter would like to breed her to a bigger boned warmblood. Preferably, a Trakehner. Any information on stallions in Michigan or Ohio would be greatly appreciated. Granddaughter is just doing schooling shows right now but they are proqressing nicely. Hopefully B shows next year. We live near Toledo, wondering if there is anyone on here close to us?

celadon

Back to top Go down

Hello from Ohio Empty Re: Hello from Ohio

Post  Guest Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:30 pm

Welcome to the wonderful world of Trakehners! As you are in OH, you must come to the Annual Meeting in early October - we'd love to see you and your granddaughter! cheers 

http://americantrakehner.com/Conventions/default.html

Back to top Go down

Post  celadon Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:05 pm

From the schedule it looks like the best day for us would be on the Friday at the farm.  Will there be T stallions there? Should be interesting.
Granddaughters picture of her and her Trakehner was in the paper last month.  She was in the costume class with Whoopsie.  Fair rides, sirens and all kinds of attractions going on and she was a trooper.

celadon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:05 pm

I'm sure there will be lots of stallions there if past years are anything to go by. Last year there was a dressage display by 16 (or was it 20?) stallions who had only worked on the routine once! I think there's a video on youtube of it Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  acottongim Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:45 am

Hey! I went to Lake Erie College (up near Painesville)! Smile Toledo is a lovely place. You should come by the Convention on Friday/Friday night. There is always a demo of various stallions that have made the journey as well as the jumping calcutta (where you can bid on a horse - not necessarily a stallion) in a jumping competition. Friday night is always a lot of fun and for someone new to the breed if you can only come one night that is the night to come Smile.

That first Quadrille by the way was in Tennessee (and it was SPECTACULAR) then it was repeated the next year in Jacksonville. We haven't done one since. Jacksonville had 10 stallions. I searched Youtube and didn't find them. I'm pretty sure the one from TN was posted on one of the other movie sites. Sad Can't remember which one though.
acottongim
acottongim

http://www.emeraldacrestk.com

Back to top Go down

Post  celadon Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:22 am

Thanks for the information. My granddaughter and I would like to go down on Friday. we will need to see if anything important at school is going on. Thanks again , Andrea

celadon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum