The Trakehner Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings from SC

5 posters

Go down

Greetings from SC Empty Greetings from SC

Post  sommerd Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:12 pm

Hi All,

I'm Elizabeth, Wow, just learning about all the fabulous TK's out there! My TK stalking has consited of Valhalla Farm's website for over 10 years Wink, and until recently I didn't really know how many incredible horses were around.

I just bought my first TK. She is an Anglo by Schonfeld; long story, I won't bore you! Wink We plan to attend the inspection in NC in September. Sadly I just learned my first attempt at breeding (to Incantare) was unsuccesful. So we ride for a year! Smile

I ride lower level dressage with HIGH aspirations (like so many others). Just trying to forge connections and learn all I can about trakehners!

EL
sommerd
sommerd

Back to top Go down

Greetings from SC Empty Re: Greetings from SC

Post  Admin Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:17 pm

Welcome to the Trakehner Community Elizabeth.

Our members and readers have a wealth of knowledge so please don't be shy about asking questions Smile

Admin
Admin

https://trakehnercommunity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  acottongim Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:22 pm

Hey Elizabeth!  Welcome - I think we've chatted?  Smile  Love love love Inky, and I can't say enough good things about Andrew Wink.  Bummer that your mare didn't catch.  Next year you'll get her Smile.
acottongim
acottongim

http://www.emeraldacrestk.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sommerd Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:10 pm

Yep, we have, and I loved every minute! Though I'm a bit jealous of the baby pics on FB Wink I'm trying not to be too anoying to any one or two people (you and andrew) So this looked like a lot of fun. Smile

Still looking forward to the inspection in September. But very bummed about this breeding. I have seen no one talking about Schonfeld... It's amazing how much I don't know about these horses! Smile
sommerd
sommerd

Back to top Go down

Post  acottongim Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:15 am

Trust me, you can't talk too much horses/trakehners with me so don't worry about it! LOL
acottongim
acottongim

http://www.emeraldacrestk.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:31 am

Welcome!

I have an Anglo Trakehner too - she's out of a mare by Schoenfeld by a TB stallion. She's small but mighty - and she can Jump. I would share pictures but she's only been here a week and she needs about 200lbs before I am ready to present her to the world Laughing 

And I know how dis-heartening breeding can be - my other Trakehner mare is coming up for her third and final go this year (it's getting too late and too hot) Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  KHunter116 Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:54 am

Welcome to the world of TK's Elizabeth!  Sorry your first breeding didn't take but agree w/Anissa - you'll get her next year.  Will you be bringing your mare to the Annual Meeting or has she already been inspected.  

Your mare's sire made quite a name for himself as a producer of high-quality Hunters (think he also has some eventers out there?).  What is the bloodline of her dam?
KHunter116
KHunter116

http://www.twingates.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sommerd Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:20 pm

Thanks for all the welcome! I won't be attending the convention this year, but it looks like a great time! She has not been inspected. Secret just turned 10 and had not been registered! Was a bunch of fun tracking down all the nessessary information Wink But, we now have all DNA testing finished and have a registration #! Next stop, mare inspection in NC in September!

I just made one of our most recent pics my avatar.
sommerd
sommerd

Back to top Go down

Post  Maren Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:07 am

Welcome Elizabeth,

I'm upholding the link to the mothership here - located in Germany Very Happy You'll find the Trakehner family a wonderful one to hang out with. Keep us posted on your mare and your goals (you know, Grand Prix and such Very Happy ).

There is a big website for all things Trakehner over on www.trakehners-international.com, originally founded by Kim Hunter here on the board and myself. Feell free to check out a bunch of cool stories on our horses!
Maren
Maren

http://www.trakehners-international.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum