The Trakehner Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

stallion suggestions

3 posters

Go down

stallion suggestions Empty stallion suggestions

Post  gillia Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:12 am

I told myself that I wouldn’t breed again, but with my mare approaching 20 years old, I’m tempted to go for one more foal if I can find the right stallion for her.  Her breeding is Lenzsturm (Donauschimmer)/Graditz .  At her inspection she received  51 pts.  (All 7’s with 8’s for type and trot)

She has had two foals and they both look like their sires.  Her second foal by Blitz und Donner is her best foal and my current riding horse.

I’m looking for a proven dressage stallion that passes on correct movement (no paddling), active hind legs, a more compact coupling and good neck set.  
I would prefer fresh semen with a LFG, but frozen might be a possibility since she has always been so easy to breed.

Thank you!
gillia
gillia

Back to top Go down

stallion suggestions Empty Re: stallion suggestions

Post  Maren Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:08 pm

Which mare line is she from??

I would suggest to look at Schiffon and his son Velluto for the traits you mentioned..
Maren
Maren

http://www.trakehners-international.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gillia Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:18 pm

I think she is from the Glockenblume line. Her grand dam was named Glockenfee and was imported from Denmark.

I'll look into the two stallions you mentioned. Thank you!
gillia
gillia

Back to top Go down

stallion suggestions Empty Stallion suggestions

Post  horseofcorff Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:46 pm

I used Lord Luciano last year. I bred four mares, got three in foal. I gave Z-Gold 5 days after the fourth mare was bred, so I do believe I would have had four had I not done that. He is frozen, but very very potent. I used 10 straws and got 3 pregnancies. He has produced State's Premium mares in Europe. HRM Queen Elizabeth owns one of his daughters (mare was also champion of the Rhineland - all breeds). He last competed in FEI dressage at the GP level. For some reason the ATA will not give him a performance award, saying they want 5 GP competitions and he only has 4. Yet other stallions get a PS at level 4, so don't quite understand the politics. But the long and the short of it, he was judged by many judges in FEI GP classes and earned a 73 in the short test. I don't know about the paddling yet because my first foal is due in March. P.S. He will be in the stallion auction this year.

Deborah Corff

horseofcorff

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down